New projects!

|
What a nice weekend!

I went shopping with my partner to pick up some necessities for an upcoming craft fair. While out we picked up a lot of really great records and awesome Avengers tapes! We also went to The Madison Ave Pub for a surprise birthday party, which was very nice. I think everyone had a really good time!

In my free time this weekend (and while watching The Avengers) I learned to make 3 new things and I wanted to share them with you even if they did not turn out all that well! But for first attempts I think they are rather good! So here they are:

First is a tree pendant. Commonly known as a "Tree of Life" Pendant... but I don't love that name... The wire I have is not at all the proper gauge for this project. The outer ring got really bent up and the beads ended up not being as close to the hoop as I would have liked. But still for a first go I am pretty impressed with the results.


Then I attempted some bird nests. This first one turned out somewhat boring as I hadn't used enough wire to get it looking really thick and layered.


I much prefer the design of this, my second attempt. The wires look much more organic.


I also attempted to make wire rings. Only thing is I don't own a mandrel so I had to improvise what to use for the form. Everything turned out far too large or too small this way! But have a look anyhow. I'm sure with a mandrel I could make quite a few nice little rings. (The ring with the green stone bead was the first one I made).






It's nice to be able to expand into other areas, as I have been doing a lot lately. Especially since I run out of headpins so quickly and then have to wait for more to arrive before I can make earrings. This way I will always have something to keep me busy! (At least until I run out of those supplies as well!)

Oh! I picked up a few vintage watch parts on our Saturday outing and I am very excited about the prospect of a post detailing my first Steampunk design! EEP!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yay new designs!

Rosebud Beads said...

I am so excited about them!