The Artist Project

|
This weekend we were lucky enough to receive two tickets to The Artists Project at Queen Elizabeth Hall on the CNE grounds. Here are a few highlights (my personal favourites, click the pictures for links).

This was the first thing I saw that I loved. It put me in a wonderful state of mind and made me excited for the whole event. By Nava Waxman.




Emma Nishimura perched herself at the top of my list with ease. I cannot download any photos to provide as a link as the site is Flash but please, check it out. It's so unique and interesting. It meshes well with my personal Aesthetic, so I might be incredibly biased. However, that she was one of a kind in the show is not debatable.

These billboards fascinate me. By Randy Hryhorczuk.





Kelly Grace. When there is a reputable art show, this girl is there. I was first introduced to her work last fall at the Queen West Art Crawl. She had a sweet set up at the Gladstone. Immediately it was clear to all that this was a stand out artist. She always covers the blank walls she is provided with beautiful vintage wall paper before hanging her work. She is bright. She is funny. She is fresh. Click on the picture below to visit her site but know that it does her no justice.




Some honourable mentions:

I know the abandoned building photo shoots are something we've all become cognisant of but I enjoyed the perspective of both of these men: Mathew Merrett and Russell Brohier.


An interesting slide show.


Some pretties.



This website
annoys me a little. The paintings, do not.


Oh and before I forget! Here, as promised, is a picture of me with my "fascinator" taken in front of a Dave Sheppard original. Check out his site if you haven't yet!

0 comments: