Today...

|

Today I was doing many, many things. Getting in almost a full ten hours of work, in between keeping my kitten out of trouble and taking care of my lovely boyfriend, who just had his tooth pulled. Somewhere along the line the thought came to me that I could write about this experience (not the tooth pulling... the working). So I'm going to give you a quick outline of how it went!

Basically, my morning routine where usually I (might) exercise, shower, drink some coffee and then perhaps start working, was all sort of out the window. I made some soup for my fella and then I dug in trying to get as many earrings and such things done as possible. I then ran out of sterling silver head pins. I tried to use regular head pins of unknown metallic origin but alas(!) they are so tough and hard to bend! A real first world tragedy, I know. But I quickly moved on.

Having just received a small box of sterling silver earring hooks, I set to work attaching them to the earrings I had been making in anticipation of their arrival. After I ran out of those I set to work taking pictures of the completed items.

This part of my day was super fun, but challenging. The sun was just streaming in through the window (an absolutely superb day) and so it was sort of difficult to find a good lighting balance. I spent this part of the afternoon following around a small shadow cast by the post in the centre of the window and it treated me very well... Until my battery died.

Ultimately, I'm glad it crapped out on me. I got halfway through my pieces and that was enough to keep me busy with sorting them into folders and writing up some half decent descriptions of the items. I am planning to post some pictures of these new and exciting items on facebook sometime tomorrow. For now, I go to take some well deserved time off. I will likely continue to make Granny Squares (I learned, thanks to my friend Kim, only a couple of days ago!!) and watch some TV. Time to break out the wine and relax!

0 comments: